Journal entry 2

This week we worked on choosing an object and write a technical description. As I was doing my first draft, I realized that my work was not going to be the best. Due to my poor time management, I left work for the last minute for multiple classes. I was rushing through my draft, and doing it to just finish. However, I did learn a valuable lesson, in that college is not the same as high school. There is a lot of self learning and studying. As a reflect over my peers technical description, I recognized were I can improve and what I did well on. I think that I did well on identifying my general outline. However, I feel that I can improve on breaking my topics down to smaller topics. For example, for components, I could have created different points for each component, rather than just clumping it up in one big paragraph. Next, I should have added pictures to complement the components.

After reading the professor reflection of my work, I looked over my description and tried to see where I can do better. One point that he made was that my purpose was unclear and after I reread my description, I realized that I was too vague on the purpose. When I redo my work, I now know where I need to change and keep for a better technical description.